AudioQuest takes pride in introducing our Niagara 7000 Low-Z Power Noise-Dissipation System, a complete reimagining of AC power filtration, designed by one of the industry’s leading experts, Garth Powell. Just like with every AQ product that came before, including our recent offerings such as the DragonFly USB DAC and NightHawk headphones, we wouldn’t have ventured into this field unless we believed we had something unique and substantial to offer. With the Niagara 7000, we are confident that we’ve developed a product that revolutionizes the science and art of AC power—a product that will inspire audio/video enthusiasts and enhance their immersive, emotionally engaging experience.
When designing the Niagara 7000, our aim was to address the issues that hinder modern audio/video components from reaching their full potential. The significant increase in both airborne and AC-line-transmitted radio signals, along with the strained utility lines and the ever-growing demands of high-definition audio/video components, necessitates a complete rethink of AC power technology to provide our A/V systems with the necessary power to unleash their full potential.
Moreover, contemporary power amplifiers face challenges regarding instantaneous peak-current demands, even when operated at moderate volume levels. Although we’ve seen substantial improvements in the dynamic range of audio software, the speakers we use to reproduce sound are often no more efficient than they were half a century ago. This places considerable demands on the power supply of an amplifier and the quality of the AC power that feeds it. In our efforts to accommodate the expanding bandwidth and dynamic range, the Niagara 7000 ensures minimal system noise and superior current delivery across a wide range of frequencies.
Through differential sample tests and spectrum analysis, it can be demonstrated that as much as one-third of a high-resolution, low-level audio signal can be lost, masked, or severely distorted due to the significant levels of noise present on the AC power lines that feed our components. This noise infiltrates the signal circuitry as current noise and through AC ground, causing permanent distortion and/or masking of the source signal. Our sensitive system components demand a higher quality of alternating current.
We understand that real audio/video optimization is never achieved through a single secret or exotic circuit. When it comes to noise reduction for AC power, various approaches can deliver meaningful results. However, these methods can also introduce ringing, current compression, and non-linear distortions that can exacerbate the problem. While there are already several AC power conditioners, isolation transformers, regeneration amplifiers, and battery backup system designs, the Niagara 7000 takes a holistic, science-based approach to AC power technology, offering a comprehensive solution to the escalating noise issues on our power lines.
Within the Niagara 7000, you’ll find optimized radio-frequency lead directionality, capacitor run-in forming technologies developed by Jet Propulsion Laboratories and NASA, and AC inlet and outlet contacts with heavy silver plating over extreme-purity copper, ensuring the most secure connection possible.
The Niagara 7000 incorporates our patented AC Ground-Noise Dissipation, the world’s first Dielectric-Biased AC Isolation Transformers, and the widest bandwidth-linearized noise-dissipation circuit in the industry. Our unique passive/active Transient Power Correction Circuit boasts an instantaneous current reservoir of over 90 peak amps, designed explicitly for today’s power-hungry amplifiers. Unlike many AC power products featuring “high-current outlets” that merely reduce current compression, the Niagara 7000 corrects it.
With an AudioQuest Niagara 7000, music enthusiasts can finally experience the clarity, dimensionality, extended frequency response, dynamic contrast, and control that their A/V systems have always been capable of delivering, if only the power had been right!
- Patented Dielectric-Biased Symmetrical Power Isolation Transformers: 2 for source component outlet banks
- Transient Power Correction: 90 amps peak. Provides a current reservoir for any power amplifier (up to 25mS)
- Level-X Ultra-Linear Noise-Dissipation Technology: More than 23 octaves differential-mode filtering (3kHz–1GHz in excess of 24dB reduction) and 20 octaves common-mode filtering (60Hz–100MHz in excess of 30dB reduction) with linear response, optimized for varying line and load impedance
- Patented Ground-Noise Dissipation (All outlets): 6 banks of direction-controlled ground-noise dissipation
- Non-Sacrificial Surge Protection: Withstands multiple AC surges and spikes up to 6000V/3000A without sustaining damage–sonically non-invasive
- Maximum RMS Input Current: 20 Amps (RMS)
- Maximum RMS Current per Source Component Output Bank: 5 Amps (RMS)
- Outlets: Source (8); High-Current (4)
- Dimensions: 17.5” W x 5.875” H (5.24” H without feet) x 17.2” D (3-RU Rack Mount Kits Optional)
- Weight: 92lbs. (US); 41.7kg.