SVS PB-4000 13.5″ Subwoofer
Thunderous low frequency output and extreme deep bass extension, with accuracy and control, the PB-4000 is a benchmark setting subwoofer on every level with unheard-of performance and features for even double the price. The sophisticated DSP amplifier creates three port tuning modes, each with individual response curves to achieve the most accurate in-room frequency response possible. With the PB-4000, it’s like having three subwoofers in one. Effortlessly powerful with bass that extends far below the threshold of human hearing, the PB-4000 creates a revelatory experience with every movie and music listening session.
- Premium Black Ash and Piano Gloss Black finish options
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Front-firing 13.5″ driver
- Rear-mounted amplifier
- Screw-in rubber feet
- Robust Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) cabinet construction
- Cabinet Dimensions (without grille): 23.4” (595mm) H X 20.5” (520mm) W X 27.7” (704mm) D
- Cabinet Dimensions (with grille): 23.4” (595mm) H X 20.5” (520mm) W X 30” (763mm) D
- Shipped Dimensions: 29.1” (738mm) H X 26” (661mm) W X 36” (915mm) D
- Weight (unboxed): 153.2 lbs. (69.5 kg)
- Shipped Weight: 172.4lbs (78.2kg)
- High performance SVS 4000 Series Subwoofer Driver – optimized for ported cabinet design.
- Proprietary 13.5” Driver with finely tuned Underhung Motor Configuration
- 49.6lb (22.5kg) pound Woofer with 44.3lb (20.1kg) pounds for the motor
- Underhung 53mm Xmax, 91.6mm Xmech precision aligned excursion
- 8-layer aluminum flat wire edge wound 3” voice coil for ultra-low distortion, efficient heat dissipation, exceptional linearity and nearly zero power compression.
- Two massive, dedicated toroidal ferrite magnets generate unparalleled levels of magnetic force to drive the highest levels of excursion, SPL, and start/go power for the deepest and most authoritative bass possible.
- All-new High density FEA-optimized cast aluminum basket provides unequaled levels of rigidity, tensile strength, and energy transference available from a subwoofer.
- Dual 24-strand copper and Nomex composite high-temperature leads woven through the suspension provide a pristine electrical connection from the amplifier to the voice coil.
- Premium glass fiber laminated dustcap and reinforced and vented paper-composite cone sub-structure ensure a light, ridged, and neutral radiating surface.
- Precision machined motor elements and narrow tolerance suspension parts produce unmatched linearity at full excursion for exceptionally tight and fast output, even at reference volumes.
- Extreme oversized low carbon vented steel U-yoke and top plate provide superior cooling and improved magnetics for maximum performance and efficiency.
- Copper ring shorting sleeve reduces gap induction and distortion, enhances thermal conductivity
- Nickle-plated high-tension spring terminals
- Proprietary injection molded gasket and parabolic SBR extreme-excursion surround maintains ideal pistonic motion for pinpoint accuracy and control
- Low carbon 1008 steel components with black electrophoresis plating
- Massively powerful Sledge 1,200-watt continuous Class D design with 4,000+ watts of Peak Power.
- Unmatched intelligence from user adjustable low pass, phase, polarity and room gain compensation with three parametric EQs and port tuning (Ported models only) for absolute best alignment with speakers and optimized performance in any room.
- Groundbreaking SVS Bluetooth DSP control app for iOS and Android devices with three user presets allow custom tuning for every room and system.
- High efficiency cool-running Class D switching topology with massive 32 Amp 600 Volt MOSFET’s result in lower EMI and highest efficiency while providing effortless power to produce SPLs and low frequency output with pristine clarity well beyond reference listening levels.
- High resolution 50Mhz Analog Devices Audio DSP with double precision 56bit filtering is most advanced subwoofer processor available for perfect audio reproduction.
- 100v-240v full range input active Power Factor Correction (PFC) pre-regulates mains to solid 360V DC regardless of mains voltage or quality so the sound quality never falters no matter what’s coming out of the wall
- Active PFC lowers average current and smooths mains input current allowing for 1200W output from a standard 15A mains circuit.
You may also like…
SVS PB16-ULTRA 16″ SubwooferRead more
An unrelenting passion for breathtaking bass performance and engineering perfection guided every aspect of the PB16-Ultra subwoofer’s development. Groundbreaking technology, rigorous design and extreme testing in real world and laboratory environments allowed SVS to achieve unmatched low frequency extension and output capabilities all while keeping it amazingly detailed and articulate. The culmination of all SVS design advancements, PB16-Ultra represents an incomparable bass experience. Nothing else comes close.