ll of the rumble and wallop of Hollywood’s most action-packed blockbusters is yours from the potent Gold W12 Subwoofer, in which a 12″ (305 mm) long-throw driver is reinforced by a pair of Auxiliary Bass Radiators (ABR) and powered by 600 W of Class D amplification. The power and scale this combination are capable of generating can be felt just as easily as it can be heard, thanks to its prodigious 20 Hz bass extension.
Gold W12 has a number of fine-tuning options, and thanks to Monitor Audio’s Automatic Position Correction (APC) system, the subwoofer can work at its optimum no matter where it’s positioned. And this is no blunt instrument – Gold W12 is just as capable of delivering all the music and harmonic detail of a kettle drum to the earth-shattering power of a volcanic explosion.
Settings adjustment is provided by the innovative controller mounted on the cabinet top panel, or by using Monitor Audio’s proprietary ‘SubConnect’ software. The settings provide four fully configurable user pre-sets per input, including modes for; Flat/Music/Movie and Impact equaliser settings. Fine-tuning can be made by adjusting the frequency, slope, trim and equaliser filters for each pre-set. The Night Mode actively reduces the dynamic range of louder sections according to the level the listener desires.
This product is now available to use with home theatre design software, The Cinema Designer.
- Three driver subwoofer system featuring two 200 mm ABR’s (Auxiliary Bass Radiators)
- Punchy bass below 20 Hz
- Ultra-long throw 12″ driver featuring:
- – Dished C-CAM cone
- – Black pole and motor plates for effective heat radiation
- – Larger 75 mm diameter voice coil – black anodised to radiate more heat away
- – Triple suspension for ultimate linearity – ensuring control at high power and excursions
- Powerful 600 Watt Hypex Class-D Amplifier module, with switching power supply – provides instantaneous deliveryof high current when required
- DSP processing with all control features and crossover performed digitally
- APC (Automatic Position Correction) – in-house developed automatic room set-up feature using microphone for simple system optimization
- Top mounted control panel
- USB for connection to ‘SubConnect’ application, firmware updates and service