The Fono MC MK4 is an exceptionally high quality MC phono stage designed to maximise the potential of any low output MC cartridge. Although specifically designed to complement the latest Rega range of moving coils you will find full adjustability for gain and loading via dip switches conveniently placed on the rear panel making the Fono MC MK4 compatible with a wide range of third party low output MC cartridges. Now housed in a brand new redesigned case to match the new Fono MM MK5 and Neo MK2 and Rega’s latest range of electronic components offering a modern look guaranteed to integrate in to any hi-fi system.
The Fono MC MK4 has been designed to be effective, easy to use, and above all, to reproduce music. The Fono MC MK4 uses the Linear Systems low noise LSK389 FET in an all discrete input stage where low noise and linearity are vitally important to get the best from an MC cartridge. Because of the high input impedance of FET, the loading effects of the amplifier circuit are minuscule and do not affect the performance of the cartridge.
- Dedicated moving coil phono stage
- Simple connectivity and operation
- Fully adjustable via DIP switches via rear panel
- MUSE operational amplifier used in RIAA equalization amplifer
- Two selectable gain settings
- Default factory settings matched for all Rega MC models
- Latest design custom casework
- Lifetime warranty against manufacture defects
A MUSE operational amplifier is used in the RIAA equalization amplifier. Polypropylene capacitors have been used in the signal path and in the RIAA equalization circuits. There is selectable input loading for both resistance and capacitance along with two different gain settings located on the back panel making the Fono MC MK4 compatible with most low output MC cartridges. The new Fono MC MK4 circuit resulted from the development work carried out on the hugely successful Aria phono amplifier.
The aesthetic design of the Fono MC MK4 was as important as the quality of its electrical capabilities, so it benefits from the same new aluminium case as the Rega Neo MK2 PSU and Fono MM MK5 phono stage, giving it a design which offers a familiar feel and moreover brings it in line with its illustrious bigger brothers.
- Output Impedance
- 200 Ω
- Recommended Minimum Output Load Resistance
- 5 k
- Frequency Response (50 kΩ Output Load)
- 13 Hz (-3 dB) to 100 kHz (-0.3 dB)
- RIAA Accuracy (50 kΩ Output Load)
- Better than ±0.2 dB 100 Hz to 100 kHz
- Power Requirements
- 24 V AC at 150 mA maximum
For full technical specifications, download FONO MC MK4 USER MANUAL below.
LOAD SETTINGS FOR ADJUSTABLE MC STAGES
- Input Sensitivity (for 200 mV Output)
- 4 off = 133 uV / 4 on = 67 uV
- Input Loading Resistance
- 1 and 2 off = 400 Ω / 1 on = 100 Ω / 2 on = 150 Ω / 1 and 2 on = 70 Ω
- Input Loading Capacitance
- 3 off = 1000 pF / 3 on = 4300 pF / Gain (at 1 kHz) / 4 off = 63.5 dB / 4 on = 69.5 dB
- Maximum Input Level (at 1 kHz)
- 4 off = 6.7 mV / 4 on = 3.4 mV
- Factory settings for all Rega MC cartridges
- Impedance 100 Ω / Capacitance 1000 pF / Gain Setting High